Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know which different fuel tanks will fit cb450k3 frame. Will a bomber tank fit? Any of the sohc4s? mine is in a poor state and I would like to know what my options are for replacement. Thanks

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
ANY 450 DOHC tank can be fitted... A 500/4 or 550/4 tank can be adapted on easily, and looks good..... I've run a CB175 tank, a 350 tank as well......
Here's a 550 tank on a 450 frame......

Here's a CB175 tank....

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Item to watch.... distance from front mounts to petcock...... Can't have it "hit" the camshaft journals or carbs..... If you are willing to weld/braze in a different bung, this point becomes moot.... Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have found a good condition bomber tank for sale. What do you guys think this would be worth? Thanks.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Quite a bit if complete with side chrome tins, rubber knee pads, petcock, and emblems....
Money is relative.....Is it within the budget?.....Is what's being asked less than you'd be willing to pay?
Personally, I'd LOVE to find a complete K1 tank in nice shape and cheap....... Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tank is complete with pads, emblems, good chrome and petcock, no cap. Paint is not so flash but that is the easy bit.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
What's he asking... (You may have to drop-ship it to ME!) LOL.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$400 nzd, about $220usd. I want it. No, I need it. I deserve it.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Doesn't sound too bad, and perhaps is even inexpensive if all it needs is paint and a cap..... So BUY IT ALREADY!..... You DO deserve it!....:D Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the tank. No dents, one panel is now at the chrome platers. I PORed it over the weekend and prepared for repainting. It changes the whole look of the bike. A very nice object.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts