Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of suppliers for the white tank stripes. Repainting the tank and its going to be too difficult to do the white bits in paint. I contacted a local vinyl shop, and they quoted me $150, which seems really steep!

So you all know what I'm getting at:

AHHH003.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
No love for the 72 CB350K4 on any of those sites? Man, all I want is the black and white stripes and can't find them anywhere! Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
630 Posts
$150 gives me quite a few hours of patience.
I would scale the picture up which should be easy with the shape of the tank. Make a paper template of the bulk white section on the exposed side and duplicate it. Paint the tank white and then mask off for the blue using the 2 templates. Mask the thin stripe parallel to the template then do your blue coats.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
$150 gives me quite a few hours of patience.
I would scale the picture up which should be easy with the shape of the tank. Make a paper template of the bulk white section on the exposed side and duplicate it. Paint the tank white and then mask off for the blue using the 2 templates. Mask the thin stripe parallel to the template then do your blue coats.
I'd paint it on as well, that design shouldn't be too difficult to replicate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts