Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was lucky enough to get a NOS tank with my project CL when I got it.
It's near mint but has no Honda badges which seem to be difficult to come by.
Is there a general rule of thumb on spacing for the badges? Like years, models etc that have the same spacing.
Most of the ones I've come across are about four inches (post to post) which is too wide for my tank.
This is not a high priority as my motor is still pieces and lots of work yet to do etc.
Thanks for any insight
(70 CL 450)
007.jpg

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
You should include your model number in your post, or in your data, so we can better answer.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
I recently ran into this issue with my 450, seems the tank badge changed somewhere in 69-72, I have a 71 tank on my bike however I found I had later style badges which were longer. Member here was selling the correct ones for my tank so I snapped them up. Googling pictures of your year model and looking you should be able to see the difference.

If you are not too worried about being correct there are some nice re-pop badges on ebay that use double sided automotive tape/adhesive to hold them on.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did see those on ebay and was thinking I may go that route if I can't find any originals. I agree that they seemed to
change in that year range, but haven't found any solid dates/ models etc.
I don't need them to be perfect, just fit :)

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
My parts book says the part numbers were different for the K3 (~70), K4 (~71), and the K5(~71). Of course, it doesn't say what is different, and you can't tell by the tank part numbers, because they changed with every model, and also by color group. Anyone with a CL in those models able to measure the posts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts