Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my WM2 rear rim with a WM3, on my '75 CB360T.
I found an old Takasago 2.15" x 18" steel Chrome rim on e-bay, does anyone know if there are any issues with fit, spoke length, spoke angle, hole dia for nipple?

·
Registered
566 Posts
It will all depend on what size and type of hub the rim was drilled for. It's hard to predict without knowing a part number or what bike the rim came from.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
A picture of the new rim will help

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
My opinion is that you can lace that wheel to a drum hub. See how the spoke holes are at the edge of the dimples like that? That implies a large diameter hub was used. Disc hubs are much smaller and the holes are drilled more towards the center of the dimple than the edge.

If you haven't seen this before, have a look at: Spoke length calculator measure your hub and measure the ERD of your new wheel to make sure your spokes will be the right length before you begin.

Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man,
I have seen calculator, I will have to buy rim to get measurement, seller offers free returns so if it doesn't work I'll send back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seller supplied rim inside dia, (hopefully it's accurate), plugged #'s into spoke calculator, came up with 155mm, my stock spoke length is 156.5mm, is this OK?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Should be fine, I wouldn't worry.
Inside diameter of the rim will be a little smaller than the measured ERD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts