Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the fender mounting bolt pattern is the same for the early vs. late tail light brackets?
In other words would a late model bracket bolt to an early model fender?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Can't really say......
The parts number for fenders changes at K5 - that's also when it went to the much larger taillight (at K5).
So maybe the change in fenders was to accommodate the larger taillight.
Maybe someone else here knows for sure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there by chance anyone who could provide some measurements for the bolt holes on an early tail light bracket?

(second photo above)

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
OK, measurements are ~48mm between centers of the forward bolts, ~50mm between centers of the rearward bolts, and, measuring from forward to rearward is between 163mm and 164mm, as the measurement is somewhat diagonal.

I checked my K3-K5 parts list, and it shows the same part for all three, except for one made for France. On the next page, it shows that first bracket for US K5 models.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so those numbers match my K5 tail light bracket which is the larger of the two. Thanks WinterSol for the measurements. So you say your numbers are for the early style shown above?

And yes ZeroFret there were different brackets/lights throughout the run.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I have a K3, and my bracket matches your second pic. I don't know what may have changed with the fenders, but I really didn't expect the mounting holes to change.

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
I don't know the CB450s but on the 350s the brackets are interchangeable and appear to be identical to those in your pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts