Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, anyone ever had this happen? I was running the bike (73 350) today and noticed the tail light on when the bike wasn't running and the key was turned off, at first I just thought the key was on, when I switched it the taillight went off and the green neutral light came on. So with the key off the tail/brake light was on, I couldn't tell by the brightness if it was just the tail or tail/brake light together, this only happened today maybe 5 or 6 times turning while I was outside running the bike, its inside now and all is fine.

This is a project bike I just got last dec., everything electrical works fine, over the winter I've had alot of the wiring disconnected but always checked as I re-connected something to make sure it worked, never had any issues.
All seems fine now, the bike is sitting just behind me and I keep turning around turning the key on and off. Should I forget about it or is there something I can look for? I'm not great with wiring. Thanks

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Turn the key off the other direction..... That's the "parking" mode, and the taillight is supposed to stay on when you turn it that way.... Steve

·
Registered
608 Posts
there are 3 posistions on that switch, OFF - key can be removed, ON - every thing should work including neutral light, and PARK- tail light is on, OFF - key is turned anti-clockwise facing it

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Don't feel alone...We've all done it sometime, and returned to find a "dead" battery.....

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
tbpmusic said:
Nah, not nearly stoopid enough to warrant a Homer.......

Now, if you did this out in public somewhere and ran the battery completely dead, then dropped the bike over while you were either trying to kick start it or bump start it, then maybe you'd be on to something.....

:lol:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
kirkn said:
Now, if you did this out in public somewhere and ran the battery completely dead, then dropped the bike over while you were either trying to kick start it or bump start it, then maybe you'd be on to something.....

:lol:
Now that's a Homer-Class geek-out ......especially if a bunch of girls was watching.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts