Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have one question.
My tachiometer /speedometer have many scratches on the surface.
do someone know if there are some aftermarket palstic cover to solve this issue ?
as you can see they are quite damaged.. Speedometer Tachometer Gauge Motor vehicle Vehicle
thank you

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
What bike is this? Are you sure that is plastic and not glass as I am not aware that Honda made any tachometers or speedometers with plastic faces. All the ones I've seen are glass.
In any case, the glass ones are not serviceable from what I could see.

How deep are the scratches? If they're not deep (and don't catch on your finger nails) you can probably buff them out.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
If they are plastic, Meguiars makes PlastX, a cleaner and polish, which may improve the appearance, but those scratches look too deep for it to remove.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. it's a CB 450 k1. As far as i can see this is plastic.. not glass..
and that are quite deep :roll:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Auto part Glass Action figure Toy Engine Electronics I used the Meguiars headlight restoration kit (not sure if its the same as earlier mentioned) on an instrument cluster screen off a car I am restoring, it took out all the haze (which it doesnt appear you have) and also some of the scratches in the plastic. It also comes with a sealer. Though it may not take out the scratches completely it will probably lessen them and the sealer may help mask them.
Tire Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part Wheel

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
The sealer in the restoration kit may work better than the polish; it might fill the scratches better. Make sure you really clean the surface before using it. If it is plastic, you can try touching it with a Q-tip soaked in acetone, in a 'corner' that you may not notice; acetone should soften the spot a little.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can try Toothpaste. It works well on prescription eyeglasses. It won't take out gouges but because it is such a fine abrasive it could work on parts of it. It does take some time to do it. Blend it out. Don't rub back and forth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just bought the maguiars restoration kit.. l hope it would be good for me.
but why they make aftermarket quadrants and no lenses ?? uff

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Unless yours are drastically different than mine, the lens are not serviceable as they cannot be removed from the housing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just a little more information, on the headlights I used the drill attachment, on the plastic screens I just used two microfiber cloths, one for application and one to wipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts