Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have a used one and it looks like crap. There's a couple of new oem on ebay, but they are double the price, plus shipping.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
Chris... I use the smallest size that will fit over the smallest attaching ferrule (nut).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did the heat shrink today on the tach cable. I cleaned up the ends on the steel wheel, and used 3/4" black tube, which I got at Harbor Freight. It looks like new. Thanks for the tip Jayel.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Chris Garrett said:
Did the heat shrink today on the tach ............. It looks like new. Thanks for the tip Jayel.
even a blind hog finds a acorn once in a while, it was just one of those useless bits of info floating around in my brain,

Homer J. Simpson said:
trouble is everytime I learn something new I forget something old, like the time I forgot about breathing..... DOH!!!

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
Remember, You can remove the damaged outer jacket first, and get a "better" fit... A second layer in the "abrasion zone" (like the originals) is a good idea too....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't take off the old skin, but I looks good. The shrink material is pretty thick stuff and hides what's underneath. The second layer on the abrasion zone is a good idea. Thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts