Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of buying a tool for synchronizing carbs on a 1976 CB500T. I can't find any detailed information on where the lines would attach to the carbs. Can a manometer be used with this bike? Has anyone out there used one of these things to sync their carbs? Where would the lines hook-up? Just a side note: I followed the instructions on this site for carb synchronization but I still have a problem with proper idling. Thanks in advance.

Keith

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
keithpip said:
I was thinking of buying a tool for synchronizing carbs on a 1976 CB500T. I can't find any detailed information on where the lines would attach to the carbs. Can a manometer be used with this bike? Has anyone out there used one of these things to sync their carbs? Where would the lines hook-up? Thanks in advance.

Keith
I'm not familiar with the 500 but on the 450 you would need to drill and tap either the rubber intake boots or the head (like I did) then tap them to install the ports to connect the manometer to.

I don't have any pictures of my installation but maybe Bill will see it and post his pictures.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
500T's do indeed have taps - this is two pages from the 500T Service Manual (Honda).
Should cover all your questions.

Mike and I both use Morgan Carb-Tune sets, from an Irish company (Belfast ??).
About $100 or so, depending on the exchange rate - a lifetime tool.

http://home.comcast.net/~tbpmusic6/500Ttap.pdf

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
tbpmusic said:
500T's do indeed have taps - this is two pages from the 500T Service Manual (Honda).
Should cover all your questions.
That's pretty cool. I didn't know the 500's had the tap built into the carb.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
donny662 said:
Will the 500T carbs "bolt on" to a 450 and work properly?
They might mount right up.

Most folks go in the other direction, mounting 450 carbs to a 500.
Same throttle setup, same basic carb, except for the "air cut valve" (anti-backfire device) and manifold taps on the 500.
They just added useless crap to 500 carbs so we'd have to get hard to find parts to rebuild them.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts