Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
That's cool, I don't even mind the yellow(rare occurrence)!

Reactions: Alan F.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
No, I didn't see that one while looking for mine a couple years ago - if I had, I probably would have bought it. I bought a Chinese unit designed for off-road/4x4 use, advertised for a Jeep, but with end mounts to work with the Emgo ears. I wanted both low and high beam availability like that one has and silly me, I thought I could open it up and find a division between the spot and flood sections of the LEDs to rewire it that way... unfortunately, there was a circuit board and a bunch of chips involved so no dice. Probably wouldn't have used the number plate along with this one, but it could look cool on his bike.

This is like what I bought (combo spot/flood) but mine was a single unit and far less money ($29.99 shipped) - same brand, but I can't find it anymore

https://www.amazon.com/Eyourlife-Light-Driving-Flood-Bright/dp/B00R7IOV3U/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1545318369&sr=1-6&keywords=Eyourlife+36w+Led+spot+flood+Light+Bar

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Pretty cool XS650 there. At one point, about 2001 or so, I managed to pick up on 3 or 4 of the Yamaha 650s, in various state of "disrepair" & had plans of building myself a decent 650 for me to get around on. Well, things happened & before I could get into the project, I had a guy who had heard about my 650s & he made me an offer, I couldn't refuse. He was into the building the Trackers too & was going to try to start up a business of building & selling them. So, there went that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys thanks for the input and comments,
The story on this bike is as follows...
Sad but true.
A very good friend of mine bought it 4 years ago as a fresh build. Never got to ride the bike and he sold it, The next owner displayed it in his office with no use, He took it to shop for a carb job, They did the job but it came back looking like this, Clutch cable on exhaust, Fuel lines everywhere, Wires everywhere, I remember the day my buddy bought that bike...Super sweet build. Any way after a long long ride on it, I pulled it into basement for a minor freshen up and i plan on keeping it. Contacted the builder for the build details, All looks good!!
004.JPG

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I imagine that you will get some pretty cool miles on that one, being as it will once again, be totally "right". Enjoy. ;) And thanks for posting this up, really something that these used to be really "Out There" and yet, I haven't seen one anywhere, in quite awhile. I think it was "XS650.com" where I used to find all kinds of photos & info on those XS650s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts