Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Im currently sloooowwwllly tinkering with my CL450 trying to get it on the road.
I have put a lower set of handlebars on as the originals were rough and missing a fair bit.
There was no throttle tube or switch block, the clutch lever and brake lever was non existent etc.
Now Im looking at options. Its going to be a slightly custom build so I dont really care for it being original....
So what options are out there that you would recommend in regards to aftermarket switch blocks, throttle tubes, grips etc that can fit up without too much stuffing around to the original wiring and cables?
or what have you guys done if you have gone full custom in regards to switches and placement of them to give the bars a cleaner less cluttered look?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Go on ebay and search, dozens of aftermarket handlebar controls and switches to choose from.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
You may want to add relays for the higher current functions, but most of the cheap switchgear out there isn't all that bad.

But of course if you decide to use second hand Honda parts, even from a younger bike, you'll get Honda quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
Im currently sloooowwwllly tinkering with my CL450 trying to get it on the road.
I have put a lower set of handlebars on as the originals were rough and missing a fair bit.
There was no throttle tube or switch block, the clutch lever and brake lever was non existent etc.
Now Im looking at options. Its going to be a slightly custom build so I dont really care for it being original....
So what options are out there that you would recommend in regards to aftermarket switch blocks, throttle tubes, grips etc that can fit up without too much stuffing around to the original wiring and cables?
or what have you guys done if you have gone full custom in regards to switches and placement of them to give the bars a cleaner less cluttered look?
Thanks!
I have a ‘72 CL450 handle bar & switches available, can send photo if interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts