Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I want to replace the grease nipple on the swingarm and clutch lever
with one I can fit my grease gun on . Is it just a matter of grabbing the old one with a pair of vice grip pliers and unscrewing and screwing a new one in .
thanks

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
A wrench of the proper size is the preferred method for removing/installing most anything. Vise grips are used when we don't have the correct tool or when the item is buggered up too much for the wrench to work.

BTW, vise is what we grip stuff with, vice is what the cops bust us for.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
If it's one of the ones with no wrench flats to unscrew it with then it's one of the pressed in type. Those require pulling out by whatever means needed, tapping the hole and screwing a replacement. I don't remember the size needed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Having just done this I drilled with a 13/64s and tapped with a 6mm x 1.00. Works fine for installation of "modern" grease nipples.

Another option available: Model A Fords all used this type of grease fitting. Any Model A Ford vendor will have a grease fitting adaptor available for small bucks that will allow you to use a "modern" grease gun (one end fits grease gun and other end is pointed to allow original fitting to be greased). I've used vise grips with success to pull out the original grease fitting. Have used this technique for years and works well!

Hope these options help you!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Any auto parts store will have 1/4" (threads) grease nipples - I guess if your a metric kinda dood, you'd rather have 6 mm, but I'm not so fussy.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts