Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what other models swing arms will fit a 1968 cb160 without changing the length or height of the bike too much. I don't want to replace it will another stock swing arm because I am hoping to install my new shocks and the lower shock mount bushings need to be larger than the stock swing arm lower shock mount bushings.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
So, you need to up to 10mm from 8mm?..... you might be able to just ream out (drill) the bushings center metal tube larger.......I have a '68 CL 175 arm that has a different part number (52100-235-000), but not sure how different it is from a 160 arm (52100-216-000)...Probably NOT much, the frames are almost identical except for a couple tabs...It Might have larger holes in the bushes... measure yours please....I'll measure my swingarm for comparison....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine are 8mm. I was just going to look for new bushes but I realize the arm is slightly bent so I figure I will just try this.
plus I have already removed the entire lower mount from the right side. I thought it would not be too hard to find replacement bushes but I was wrong.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
I'll check in the AM...If mine has 10mm "tubes' in the shock bushes we'll work something out....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts