Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta love Urals - wish I could afford one.
Reasonably priced, as new bikes go.

This is the newest model - sweet......

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Without a hack it just seems like a BMW copy in a way.. I'd love to have one with a sidecar! Especially a 2 wheel drive.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Wonder if that might be because it IS a BMW copy?....ALL the "winners" of WWII used captured blueprints to build "copy" motorcycles..... The Ural is/was originally a 1938 (I believe) BMW copy, just as the "Harley" 125S (which evolved into the 165 Hummer), and the BSA "Bantam" were copies of the same DKW produced bike.... The tank design that later became the famous "Harley Sportster tank" was the tank originally on the DKW 125cc two-stroker........ LMAO!... :lol: :lol: :lol: Steve

·
Registered
52 Posts
They are awsome! I was just at a dealer here in upstate NY and was really blown away by the price. I would love to take the two wheel drive accross the country :cool:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Steve, what DON'T you know?? Really? Were you sent here by an alien race to educate us lowly humans?? :lol: I was just guessing about the BMW copy from images stored in my mind, and you confirm it. WOW. :p

I agree with Jeremy. Taking a two wheel drive on a touring trip would be a blast. Put the camping gear in the sidecar and brumbrumbrum... :D

GB :mrgreen:

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
I wonder what kind of discount we'd get if the four of us all bought them at once..... I could do a hack again too...... :cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts