Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Johnny14 asked for some detailed pictures of my Suzuki T500M so here we go. You can see there is quite a bit of rust on the shocks, the turn signal stalks and exhaust pipe header clamps but otherwise it's rust free and complete. The seat cover is old and the vinyl is hard so it's starting to crack the more I ride it. There is a small dent on the front fender and a tiny dent here and there on the exhaust pip but that should be taken care of during rechroming. This will make a great project after the 450 is running and a few other projects get complete. But, for now, it runs great and is a lot of fun to ride.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I love that bike. I should've bought the one on ADV that was in TN for $800.. I'm still kicking myself over that one..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today was such a nice day, I pulled the brood of the bikes out of the garage to give the garage a good sweeping. While they were out (the YZ426 isn't allowed out of the garage due to frustration with that thing and the other bikes are in the trailer), I took a picture then took them out for some exercise...about 45 minutes each. After I got the last one home the 450 just sat there staring at me with it's little headlight. I started feeling guilty about not giving it the lovin' it deserves. Sooooo, when I put them away the 450 took front and center in the tiny "work bay" of my small garage. Right about now I sure would like to have TBPMusic's garage space. :)

I've got a larger headlight shell (7" I think) from a later 450. I wonder if it would fit the ears of the K3?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
66Sprint said:
Just convert the small one to halogen.....
I may do that for brightness but, in this case, I was thinking of changing it more for aesthetics. This is the first time I've noticed it but this headlight shell looks a little small for the bike.

What do you think?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I like the little headlight on her. Something I've always liked and what has drawn me to old Hondas is just how akward some of them looked. Some models are so ugly only a mother could love them, but there's always something I find to like about them.

I think the little light gives yours some nice character. Not many bikes on the road have a small light like that.. Be different, er uh stock. ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Looks like you've got most of the bases covered there mate.... :cool:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nice heard....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Mike, that bike was a great find. I'm glad it went to someone who will treat it right and bring it back to life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts