Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site. I have tried to look around to find posts on this bot can?t seem to find the right answers so I apologize if this has been gone over before.

I am just a few inches too short for the bike, it is a 1970 CL450. What is the best way to lower the bike. New shocks? On the 70 there?s no adjustment in the trees right?

Also will the CB front end shorten the bike? I was thinking of swapping that for the disc brake anyway.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
On the K3-K5 CB (~'70-'72), the fork top bridge would allow you to slide the forks up as much as you wanted, as the claps are open tubes, but the original top bridge on the K0 was a dead end, stopping the forks from going any higher; the top bridge for the K3 and K4 CL is a different part number, but the part # for the K5 is the same as the CB. Not having one to look at, I don't know if the K3-K4 version of the CL top bridge will allow sliding the forks higher. If you have a top bridge that stops the forks from sliding up past the clamps, you would have to change that with the other front end parts to get the disk brake.

BTW, I put shorter shocks and lowered the forks on my K3 by the same amount (~3/4"), for the same reasons you want to, as my inseam is only 30".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts