Honda Twins banner

Superdream/Hawk 400 Cam Adjustment Bolt 'O' Rings

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Reverse Spin 
#1 ·
Hi
I understand this is probably Nit Picking, but I was just wondering on members views of the omission of the two 5.8x1.9 ‘O’ Rings (CMSNL Product No. 15 Part 91305-323-000 supersession: 91318ME5003) on the Cam Chain Tensioner Bolt and the top Cam Chain Bolt.

It appears this part is listed for the Superdreams 1978-81(I would think this applies to the Hawk as well) in CMSNL drawings (see IMAGE 1) and the CB400N Parts Manual. However, CMSNL lists it as available for the 78-80 models (See Product No. 15 IMAGE 1&2), but not for the 81 Model in their actual parts list (See IMAGE 3 Product Nos. 14,15,16 are omitted). The 83 Model has a different Cam Chain Base (Product No. 4) for some unknown reason and doesn't list the ‘O’ Rings at all!!

Are these ‘O’ really required as I would have thought the Copper Sealing Washers would suffice?

Many thanks

IMAGE 1
Nose Joint Human body Jaw Ear

IMAGE 2
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Circle

IMAGE 3
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Bill

Many thanks for that Bill have now ordered 2.

There have been a few parts missing on this bike from the last owner's strip down, like the 'O' Rings, Dowels and even hydraulicing part of the top crankcase out when installing one of the head bolts.

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.