Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Nice picture. Riding in my part of the world is going to get pretty spotty for the next few months. Time to move to the shed and start working on next season.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I hear you. Doing a few things to the bike this weekend and I fear she may not get another ride this season.
May winterize her and cry a little.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been 2C these mornings in the dark but it just makes it more fun :)

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Yup, here as well and I leave at 5:30 am. I can keep everything warm except my fingers.
As a Diabetic, I have poor circulation. I won't go below 5c. That being said, the bus sucks, lol
And I refuse to pay over 200 a month for downtown parking.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Yup, here as well and I leave at 5:30 am. I can keep everything warm except my fingers.
As a Diabetic, I have poor circulation. I won't go below 5c. That being said, the bus sucks, lol
And I refuse to pay over 200 a month for downtown parking.
I agree with the 5C limit, but just for safety's sake. We are on a road trip to North Central Washington. Yesterday we were in a steep canyon that had not see any Sun. We hit sheet ice despite no snow since last week. It was 39F.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I envy all of you guys still riding. My bike has been parked almost two months already. :sad:

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I envy all of you guys still riding. My bike has been parked almost two months already. :sad:
Yikes !! So how long is your riding season? 3 or 4 months?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
It was beautiful out over the weekend so the missus and I went out for a ride and took some photos by the Bremerton Naval Shipyard. That's the USS Kittyhawk aircraft carrier in the background.
It did get pretty nippy later on when the sun went down though. LOL

2017-10-28-22-27-20.jpg 2017-10-28-22-31-31.jpg 2017-10-28-22-08-55.jpg 2017-10-28-22-01-12.jpg

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Took my other vintage bike out for a spin last Friday. Mesh jacket weather - it's cotton pickin' time in Alabama...:D

Cotton1.jpg

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Paula is looking good in these pic :) I made to WestPac cruises on the Kitty Hawk!

Thanks Jim. She'll appreciate that.

That's a pretty cool looking ship especially up close.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Had mine out last week. (been away for a week) Sporting new helmet with removable ear covers, and heated vest (gonna have to put a switch to turn it off as it gets too toasty after half hour). Just gotta get better system for keeping fingers warm. (have to find low wattage heated gloves for a reasonable cost) Overall, I find it much better this season than last year.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Had mine out last week. (been away for a week) Sporting new helmet with removable ear covers, and heated vest (gonna have to put a switch to turn it off as it gets too toasty after half hour). Just gotta get better system for keeping fingers warm. (have to find low wattage heated gloves for a reasonable cost) Overall, I find it much better this season than last year.
Well it has been a great fall! Let me know if you find gloves as I have been looking for a while.
I think I need battery ones though as the old 350's do not have ANY extra power to spare.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Yikes !! So how long is your riding season? 3 or 4 months?
Our riding season usually starts in the first or second week of May. You can start sooner if you're willing to dress in snowmobile gear. The roads are dry enough but the windchill will cause hands, feet and knees to go numb very fast to the point where it's not fun at all. The season ends mid September again you can extend it to the end of September if you're willing to bundle up. I've seen it snow as late as June so any riding before that is a bonus! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts