Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a must attend ride... Doesn't make a difference what you ride, all are welcome

Location: Happy Hills Campground at 12617 Seavolt Road Hancock, MD 21750.
Happy Hills Campground | Hancock, MD 21750
Date: July 25-28, 2019

When you make your reservation, Tell them you are with the CTX1300 group.
- Tents sites: $25 per night w/o electric; $39 per night with electric
- Cabins: $75 per night
- RV hook ups 30amps $42 per day; 50amps $44 per day

The WV/MD/PA area has some great mountain rides. Not to mention getting to hang out with folks from the forum. Everyone is invited so bring your family members and friends even if the ride other models.

General Plan for now is:
Thursday July 25, 2019: Folks Arrive
Friday July 26, 2019: PA 9/11 Ride
Saturday July 27, 2019: WV Mountain Ride
Sunday July 28, 2019: Folks Head Home

·
Registered
757 Posts
Huh? HANCOCK, MD? :eek:

Well that's practically my backyard. I actually owned property there a few years ago. :cool:
I know quite well where Happy Hills is.

Now, the question is, riding the the Flt.93 memorial, is understandable. That's always popular. The twisties through the WV mountains are always fun, but it IS based in MARYLAND after all. You open to some MARYLAND suggestions? ;) :D:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh? HANCOCK, MD?

Well that's practically my backyard. I actually owned property there a few years ago.

I know quite well where Happy Hills is.

Now, the question is, riding the the Flt.93 memorial, is understandable. That's always popular. The twisties through the WV mountains are always fun, but it IS based in MARYLAND after all. You open to some MARYLAND suggestions?
Absolutely!

·
Registered
757 Posts
The last several evenings I've actually been working on a small rally list - if unfamiliar, it's kinda-sorta like a scavenger hunt, NOT the masquerade party and drinking contests typically envisioned by the words motorcycle rally. :eek: And not the typical bar hoppin poker run. "The tour of honor" is a popular rally you may have heard of. What I've been working on is MUCH smaller, localized version! Comprising the region slightly east of I-70, west to Deep Creek Lake in MD. and bordering counties in PA with a theme of settlement era & early transportation & industrial development. Forts, Indian raids, defense & settlement roads, stone & covered bridges... I have about 80 easily accessed by M/C sites on some really nice secondary roads (U.S. 30, 40, 220, 522 etc.) Hancock is actually just about in the center of the area covered as it turns out. ;)

I was working on it as a promotion for some local M/C businesses, but hey, a little cut'n paste and it's a whole new list! :D

If you'd like to consider it, I can send the documents & we can discuss how to adapt it for your event. - BTW, I don't do this stuff for $$$ I'm NOT soliciting! :cool: :D:D

·
Registered
757 Posts
"Local" as in here or Long Island?

I'll try to get it together for you this evening.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tent sites have water and electrical hookup. Cabins are available with electrical. I have a cabin reserved so I will not be bringing tent and other gear. As far as I know, if you can fit it into your tent site (and it is a tent) then fit as much as you can into it. Bring a swimsuit as the pool will be open! Group Dining arrangements have yet to be made but if you feel like cooking something in the middle of the night, by all means bring whatever you'll think you'll need.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm a biggy on making reservations ASAP. It sucks to wait a month or so before and find out that everything has been booked. If you find that you can't go, you can always cancel your reservation.

Lots of room for trailer parking. For pictures go here: Happy Hills Campground
Tent camp sites are E sites (water and electrical) - lower left corner. Cabins nearby.

Blank__element55.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts