Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike normally starts first kick as it did to go buy some new spark plugs yesterday. She fired up first kick leaving the Honda store too. Got home, changed the plugs and, nothing. No spark. Adjusted the plug gap way too small just to see if I could get any visual spark and did see a couple random fires but then nothing. Started chasing it back and when I got to my Mike's SX650 Coils they were very warm and had a crack on each one. They have been in there for years with no problems. Are they prone to just giving out all at once like that? I also opened up to inspect my PAMCO and it seems the magnet wheel is sloppy. Cant remember if that is normal. Anyone had their PAMCO drop dead between rides?

20180602_175448.jpg 20180602_175454.jpg
Any ideas?

I ordered some new coils from Mike's but they look different (black and kind of generic). If that doesn't fix the problem I'm going after the PAMCO...

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Looks like they overheated, which can happen if you turn the key on without starting it for several minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
A cracked coil is not good. I agree with what Rick thinks is the culprit. I have used MikesXS coils before and they have had a pretty good service life, provided that the ignition is not left on without running the bike for a long time. Regarding, PAMCO, there is a consistent trend of unhappy customers with the unit.

Reactions: Lost_Cause
1 - 3 of 3 Posts