Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1970 K1 CL350 came with no owner's manual. What the two key positions on the ignition do? The PO fiddled with the wiring a bit, and I want to make sure it all works properly. Is one supposed to be lights, the other lights and starter?

My other bike is just on/off.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Clockwise.... OFF, ON, On + lights (IF you don't have an off position for the lights on the handlebar)...Otherwise, the third position is ignition OFF, parking lights (only) on.
If you can remove the key when in position 3, its parking lights.... :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
66Sprint said:
Clockwise.... OFF, ON, On + lights (IF you don't have an off position for the lights on the handlebar)...Otherwise, the third position is ignition OFF, parking lights (only) on.
If you can remove the key when in position 3, its parking lights.... :D
Okay, thanks. I'm at the office right now, but I do have an off position for the lights, and I remember taking the key out in position 3 and thinking WTF? :? Sooooooooo, parking lights it is. :mrgreen: That's cool. I did not notice the lights on, since it was daytime.

Gee, good thing I didn't just leave it that way, and run the battery down. :geek:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Exactly!.... And, only the taillight comes on on US models.....How about a pic of the 90?..... :D Steve

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've put an LED taillight in my 500T which means I can leave the taillight on for a while for safety reasons if necessary - and so I eliminate the battery load of the tungsten taillight/brake light when I'm starting the motor.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a pic of it in its corral. :mrgreen: I will see if I can dig up a better one.

[attachment=0:127aucou]IMG_2576.JPG[/attachment:127aucou]

The CT90 has LEDs all around, except for the headlight. It took a little ingenuity--the turn signal indicator bulb in the speedometer is connected to both the left and right turn signals, so the economical LEDs meant there was enough juice to power all four blinkers, whether you were turning left or right. Had to install a few one-way diodes into the harness to avoid the four-way flashers. Actually, I was kind of thinking that would be a good feature to have, so I might figure out a toggle switch that would allow me to do that. :geek:

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh, here we go--here's one the day I got it home, pre-turn signals, pre-auxilliary gas tank, and with the original knobby tires on it--not very grippy!

[attachment=0:2h94p2x6]IMG_1944.JPG[/attachment:2h94p2x6]

I have been using this to commute into NYC!!! It does great in traffic. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Very cool. My first bike was one of those CT's. Well at least I think it was. I remember it looking exactly like yours (but red) but I believe it was a 70cc. I tried goolgling for some info on it but seems the 70cc model didn't have the step-through backbone. Maybe I'm mistaken and had a 90. I was young and didn't really care as long as it ran :D I'm going to have to ask my brother if he remembers anything about it. Thanks for posting the pics, brings back memories.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Must have been a 90 then, thanks. It definitely wasn't like the Cub you just posted. No idea why I thought it was a 70, but my memory was never my strong point. :oops:

Can't remember getting burned either, but I probably just forgot it like everything else. :lol:

Sadly I don't even think there are any pictures of mine either, so thanks for posting yours. I'd love to find one locally and do it up.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bobblehead said:
:cool:

Honda made the C70 Cub--and I think the Cub was the most sold motorcycle, ever.
I started my riding career on a Cub, it was a a 1964 C100 50cc, great fun and freedom for a then 16 year old.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Dang, Bobblehead already asked all my stupid questions. Instead of searching for the subject matter I should just search for your posts! :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts