Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
i have a honda cd 200 benly, it says on my log book its a 194 cc engine
now that the engine is out of the bike and on the bench it does say cd 185 T on the side of the timing case
but more mysteriously the barrels have 184cm stamped on them - all the barrels ive seen are either 180 or 194 so what do i have ?
many thanks
Paul

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi all
i have a honda cd 200 benly, it says on my log book its a 194 cc engine
now that the engine is out of the bike and on the bench it does say cd 185 T on the side of the timing case
but more mysteriously the barrels have 184cm stamped on them - all the barrels ive seen are either 180 or 194 so what do i have ?
many thanks
Paul
The outside of the cb200 motor has 198cc stamped into the aluminum on the outside (near the cam chain tension bolt I believe). So I don't know where you're getting the 194cc from.

What are you referring to when you say "barrels"?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Isn't the cc of the barrel cast into the carb side.

Here's James Adams' 200 Benley barrels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
The outside of the cb200 motor has 198cc stamped into the aluminum on the outside (near the cam chain tension bolt I believe). So I don't know where you're getting the 194cc from.

What are you referring to when you say "barrels"?
The CD200 Benly has a completely different engine to the CB200.

Barrels is a synonym for cylinders, or 'jugs', in vulgar parlance ...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Barrels is a bit more pc, the teenager in me likes the US guys calling them 'jugs'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Could just be 'correct' for a 185. Can't remember which countries require 'accurate' sizing displayed but I know there are a few. BTW, cast on numbers tend to be more accurate (factory) than anything stamped into surface. Stamped numbers generally show 'actual' displacement for racing organisations (until someone checks your over bored XS650 - XS750 and finds it closer to 900cc)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts