Honda Twins banner

stock wheel widths

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Znabb 
#1 ·
Does anyone know for sure what the stock rim widths of a k5 cl450 were? I'm eying some alloy bits w/ ss spokes from buchanans, also the rim dimension on the race cr450 would be most helpful (I'm pretty sure I have something other than stock items, 4.00 X18 rear tire etc)

#3 ·
GB... He's asking because I was unsure of the exact sizes....I'm fairly sure the front is a 1.60 (a 350 front is definately a 1.60, as I checked the one I've mounted on my 90), but can't verify either rim size 100% (although I'm reasonably sure it is either a 1.60 or a 1.85) because I tossed the rusty 450 rims..... Steve

#4 ·
I'm thinking more 2.15 front and rear, that's near the recommended sweet spot for both the 3.25" front and 3.5" rear stock tire size according to Avon. But that's pure speculation on my part:) on another note has anyone tried the avon am26 roadriders?

#5 ·
As I stated, the 350 used a 1.60 (WM1) rim with the stock 3.00 front tires.....
I'm sure each manufacturer would suggest an appropriate size rim for their tires, so if you choose Avons, go with their recommendations....
That Avon sizing/width chart could be helpful to other members... Mind posting a link?
Steve

#6 ·
#7 ·
Thanks for the link... Did we ever get a definative answer?... Surely somebody out there has a 450 and can read the width on the rims........
I'm guessing 1.85 front and rear, or 1.85 front, 2.15 rear......

#8 ·
nope, I kind of switched gears, figured I would drop to an 18" front for sharper handling and to give the brake a little beter performance. just ordered a pair of 2.15 x 18s from buchanans, figure it will do the trick just fine for both stock tire widths and maybe a little wider if I want it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.