Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just replaced my carbs with a Mikuni kit that I bought from Power Barn. I bought the throttle cables that should already be cut properly for a stock 1970 CB350. After routing the cable, as properly as I understand how, the throttle gets stuck at full. After testing several different things it seems that the throttle grip itself is getting hung up underneath the area where the "on off and Headlight switches" are (forgive me I'm not sure what to call this). Has anyone had problems like this before? When i fully tighten the grip back together thats when it get hung up. When looser it seems to work fine...

Could the cable be a little too long and also be causing this?

This is the first time I've tried doing this myself so the list of problems could be endless...haha. I also tried sanding down very lightly the outside of the white part of the grip where the cable runs through and this didn't seem to solve anything.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure how to delete this but I bought a new throttle tube and found out that something was wrong with the one that was currently on it!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. It would be good for the collective to keep this post. Some detail about the nature of the problem may help someone in the future. I hope you have a functioning kill switch. It is exactly for this reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts