Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guru's & Experts,
Working on a CB350 restoration with left overs from a previous build. Have a Steering Triple Tree with no Top Bridge Clamp. I believe the standard Fork Centre distance is 165mm, but the one I have measures 172mm.
Anyone know which model it may be from so I can track one down? 20191110_191934(0).jpg
20191110_191934.jpg

·
Registered
598 Posts
The K3 and older models used those forks. You need the correct axle and top bridge. Top bridge is easy to find as they don't break in the same way the later ones do if not properly assembled.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I think I have the correct axle & triple tree. I have assembled the forks with that triple tree & the wheel hub. Everything is parallel & looks good. From my searches the top bridge clamp 53231-317-000 from my parts manual has a fork centre distance spacing of approx 165mm. My triple tree needs approx 172mm spacing. So I guess that's no good for me.

·
Registered
598 Posts
You are trying to use the early forks with the later triple tree parts. If you use the K4/K5 top then the forks will have to be clamped past the necked down area.

·
Super Moderator
26,105 Posts
Yes, there are several that can be used, but they all will clamp with those tubes "pushed" upwards beyond the necked-down /shouldered areas and will look "awkward" and reduce height, rake angle, and trail of the forks, making the bike less stable at speed.......
You would be MUCH better off running the correct set of triple-trees for those fork tubes.....
However, if you wish to continue along your current path, part numbers for the bridges that will match your current stem and bracket are listed below :
53231-317-701
53231-317-702
53230-369-000
53230-369-305
There are others as well, but you should use the correct forks in them.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, Thanks for the part No's. I'm going to do more research now based on your info. I did buy another triple tree complete only to find that the stem was to short for the frame. I may end up a lot of spare trees & clamps.
But I guess that's the challenge of doing something like this, you go down one path but might end up with something completely different. We'll see.
Cheers & safe riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts