Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a CL77 project and swore I was taking some time off, then along came a quick peek at a Facebook Marketplace ad. Next these two followed me home. A 72 CB350 and a 66 Hawk 305. 350 is fairly high mileage but kicks over with some compression. Of course the 305 is frozen. Both have been sitting on a trailer, covered, outside for over two years. Going to spend some time going over what is there and decide a course of action after the assessment. They are California bikes and the good thing is clear titles on both, found the seller at the right time and got both machines at a very decent price. Oh well, no rest for the "vintage motorcycle people"......

DSC04351.JPG
DSC04352.JPG
DSC04353.JPG
DSC04360.JPG
DSC04354.JPG

·
Registered
57 Posts
Britman,
Great find!!
The Super Hawk has a newer seat with the upswept front on it. Looks like most everything is there except the duck bill on the rear fender and the chain guard (hopefully the mounting lugs on the swingarm are there for the chain guard). The tank chrome looks presentable along with the seat chrome. But the sun has taken a toll elsewhere.

Just when you thought...……?

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
I can't remember ever seeing a YELLOW 350 like that I suppose it's a really faded gold but ???
It also has a '70 or older front end on it. you can tell by the tops of the fork tubes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't remember ever seeing a YELLOW 350 like that I suppose it's a really faded gold but ???
It also has a '70 or older front end on it. you can tell by the tops of the fork tubes.
Upon checking the title it is registered as a 1971, it is early judging from the side covers. Sad to say it is painted over gold I believe. Pulled that one in garage first and the Hawk was relegated to riding mower shed to let the cylinders soak with brew. So far I can see where the squirrels and mice have had couple of buffets on the wiring so that is first up on the agenda. Dread running a compression test, (clock is showing 30K) but I know that is at the upper part of the to do list after pulling the carbs. I brought both bikes home for $1500 bucks so I am pretty sure I can at least break even....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Britman !!!!! You are back!!!! I really enjoyed following your cl77 build and now I am looking forward to watching these two be resurrected:D:D. The superhawk is one on my wish list but if i buy another bike i will have to get used to sleeping in my truck in the driveway!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yakeye,
I checked out your profile and you don't show these bikes you are mentioning. We need to see (pictures or at least a list [list them in your signature]) what you will be willing to sleep in your truck for!!

Mark

Reactions: Yakeye

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nebraska I don’t want to hijack Britmans thread here but I’ll share a few. I get in trouble on Craigslist not Facebook!:ROFLMAO:

1972 cl100

1975 cb125

1964 ca150

“Old Trustie”

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yakeye,
Thanks for the photos, Now we better understand your comments!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gave everything a power wash today and there were two motorcycles under all that crud. Of course the Hawk is still stuck tighter than a mites ear, but I did change out the cylinder soaking brew to a mixture 50/50 mixture of ATF and Power Steering fluid. I think the tank can be saved after some intense rust removal and Caswell coating.

The CB is on the lift. Decent compression, not perfect but it should run and is equal on both sides. Fixed a ignition switch hot wire and have juice to all the goodies. Of course the starter spins, does not engage but does spin. Looks like a I going to have to hunt down all of PITA little springs and caps. I think this one should be a runner pretty quick and out the door to be someones Cafe Racer......

DSC04366.JPG
DSC04365.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts