Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stator on my cm400a went out almost two years ago it took me 2 weeks and dozens of phone calls to find a salvage yard in the United States to that had another one.

Flash forward to now-this "new to me" stator has gone out. Knowing how hard it would be to find yet another one I looked for a place to rewind my current one.

I was directed towards some places over seas and another in the states. I got estimated service times of about just under a week consistently, not including shipping times.

Then I found out about Custom Rewind, based in Alabama. Small shop, owner incredibly personable and accomodating. I told him I was headed on vacation the next week and was hoping to get my stator back asap so I can leave with piece of mind and he got it done in 1 business day and was able to get it back to me with priority shipping. I was only out of commission for a total of 5 days.
20180510_101142.jpg

Not to mention he was able to deduct my service fee upon request in exchange for me giving him my busted previous stator I had no use for.

When it comes to my bike I'm all about having the least amount of out of commission time, and honest pricing. (Student so every dollar counts)

5 star service with me and wanted to share with anyone else needing stator service done, because for me it was nice to be saved the headache of what I went through last time.

Screenshot_20180527-161527.jpg

Reactions: Alan F.

·
Registered
417 Posts
That's definitely good to know! What would the cost have been had you not turned in a core?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I dont know what it cost now but when I had my A done two years ago it was $240.00 including shipping and $10.00 for the core. He does a huge amount of rewinds and told me the As cost the most. Mine charged at 14.5 volts which is almost the max so make sure your regulator is working.

Bill

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Gonna have to check this out..good info to have

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The cost to get my cm400a stator done was $265 plus $10 shipping. (Also- you pay to send it off so there's that too, I used a flat rate two day shipping box which was $13)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts