Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. Hey I was wondering if anyone had any luck with new old stock stators. Particularly late 60s/early 70s stators. Working on a bike for a customer, and I’m trying to avoid upgrading to a Ricks charging system. I have a working reg/rec to replace his, and I wouldn’t mind getting a Ricks stator, but it seems they only come as part of a charging system kit now, at least for that partiular bike (1971 CB350). Does anyone know of a good alternative to a Ricks stator? It also doesn't need to be an extra powerful charge. I don’t think the headlight is stock, but it’s a sealed beam (I believe 25 watts) with a .16 voltage drop with it on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one, huh? I went ahead and purchased the new old stock stator. It however got lost in the mail. If and when I can find it or acquire another one, I’ll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You may get more response if we knew where you are located.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
No one, huh? I went ahead and purchased the new old stock stator. It however got lost in the mail. If and when I can find it or acquire another one, I’ll let you know how it goes.
Not a lot of people check the "Non Model Specific" topic section. In this case it would have been better to ask in the 250/350/360 Electrical section. I try to move topics to the right section as I come across them.
Sparck Moto, aka Sonreir, has just received his shipment of high output stators so you might check with him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts