Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a place to buy a custom stator cover that would fit the CB500T? Also ... will the stator cover from the 450 (or other model) fit the 500? Thanks guys ...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Charlie ... Thanks for thinking of me on that bike .. I could actually use some parts for my project, but I'm pretty sure my wife would throw me out on my ear if I bring another bike home! :D ... Bill

PS ... I did email the guy to see if he'd be willing to strip off a few parts ...

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
If that bike was near me, it would be in my garage already. I'd hide it from the wife if I have to.
The parts alone are worth more than the asking price. You can part it out and sell the parts and make triple the amount back easily.

Hell... I see people selling just the stator cover for over $100 on ebay

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yep, think about the common stuff we see asked for a lot... alternator rotor, starter clutch parts if they're good, starter motor, header pipes, pistons... petcock... there's $500 easy right there, if not more

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hey Charlie ... Thanks for thinking of me on that bike .. I could actually use some parts for my project, but I'm pretty sure my wife would throw me out on my ear if I bring another bike home! :D ... Bill

PS ... I did email the guy to see if he'd be willing to strip off a few parts ...

If I were you I would try to convince your wife that getting this bike would be a good thing and will save you a fortune in the long run.
Seriously, that engine (CB500T) may even be in better shape than yours as is.

·
Registered
641 Posts
If I were you I would try to convince your wife that getting this bike would be a good thing and will save you a fortune in the long run.
Seriously, that engine (CB500T) may even be in better shape than yours as is.
Bill what 76TWIN says could very well be true. Plus you could recoup the cost and the gas right here on the forum.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
The stator cover is worth half the price of the bike. They are hard to find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts