Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attempting to do the static timing but just when I want to stop as the test light comes on, it slides ahead a bit and the exact point where I want to stop is lost. I could deal with that and guestimate where I am if rotating the base plate in any direction seemed to have the effect I am looking for. It all feels so iffy as if there is no relation between the base plate and where the F mark lands. Is this normal?

Once upon a time I had a Honda Express 50 cc scooter and I remember a hack to dismantle the headlight and replace the filament with a bulb that was then epoxied into place. Would something like that be possible with the 6V headlight on this. Bulb works fine, but the glass cover is so dirty on the inside. I really don't want to spend $50 bucks on a bulb right now.

Thank you,
Justin

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
You're fighting the valve springs and cam timing, they're trying to get to a neutral position of tension. It'll take 1 more person to do this, they get to hold the wrench on the crank bolt to keep it from moving while you set everything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts