Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put my 360 back together and tried to start it by using the electric start. After just a few turns it fired up and ran for probably 10-15 seconds. Then did it again a few minutes later and started up again for about the same. After that I havent been able to start it again. I seem to be getting getting fuel to the carbs when I open the drain plugs on the bottom of the carbs. Im not sure about compression yet I know it has some but my tester seems to not be working right now. I just replaced the coils with mikes xs and I have had issues with them getting spark sometimes but then a few minutes later only one side will be getting spark. Any ideas why I am only getting spark sometimes and is there any things else to look for to get it up and running?

thanks

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The basics.... ANY engine will run IF three things occur:
1...It has adequate compression,
2...It has a Correct fuel/air mixture to compress,
3...It has Spark to ignite that mixture at the correct time

Which is incorrect on your bike?... We need to start somewhere to diagnose the problem...As reported right now, you can't verify/haven't verified even one of those three things are consistantly correct....

1...You say "some", but didn't? (or can't?) measure it... After a re-build, this is the primary thing to check...(are the gaskets sealed well?, Are the valves/cam timed in and adjusted properly?, etc,etc....)
2 ...Fuel in the bowl does NOT mean the carb is delivering it to the cylinder properly...Did you clean and adjust the carbs?...Are they or the intakes loose? (leaking air) ...Are they synched?.....
3... Did you reset the timing?...Are the coils hooked up securely?...Intermittant firing is a sign something is incorrect.....This is a battery ignition...Is your battery fully charged and good?...Does the "kill" switch work correctly?....
There are MANY other possibilities....We just need an idea of where to start looking...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts