Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, first time trying to start the 360, I replaced the points, reset them to the correct dwell and timing. replaced the starter clutch that was fried, cleaned out the oil filter, resealed the cases and all that junk...

compression is running around 150 each cylinder

now trying to start it, it doesn't want to crank over much... the starter motor just cranks slowly and gets hot pretty quickly... the kick start works, but i couldn't get it to fire. I hotwired the coils to the positive and checked the points for ground, and all was good... so i should be getting spark, but i haven't pulled a plug to check

question 1: is that a symptom of a fried starter motor?
question 2: should i try some starter fluid? i never dug into the carbs at all, the po said he had it buzzing up and down his street only a week earlier

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Well, you don't exactly SET the dwell on a 360, ..... you should gap the left points, set the left timing, alter the right point gap to achieve the correct right timing, and then check to be sure the gaps are still within specs....
And , check the plugs.... If you left the petcock on you may have fouled them, AND have fuel in the oil (another reason the engine could crank slowly...No space for pressure to escape)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts