Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice, and a schematic for the starter switch. my starter motor works, switch does not, I opened up the switch and found a broken plastic bit that is held in by a single screw, my shop manual does not have a schematic for the switch, so i have no idea what it is supposed to look like. In order to replace it, it looks like I need to disassemble the throttle to get it opened up, what is the proceedure there?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've got mine apart at the moment. When I get home I'll photograph it for you.

·
Registered
632 Posts
image.jpg
It's not to scale but shows you the orientation of the starter button. It's fiddly to reassemble and there will be a strain on the wiring....once you have it assembled you can fit the throttle cables to the grip tube. Don't forget the friction pad under the grip either!
I'll draw the whole arrangement tomorrow for you if your still stuck; it's Friday eve and I've had a beer...
HTH!
Nigel.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
If your 75 CB360 has a headlight on/off switch, then the diagram is correct. The later U.S. type with the always on headlight (no switch) has a 3 wire starter button and uses +12v on the starter solenoid instead of grounding it. If you have no headlight on/off, then you have ther newer 3 wire version.

·
Registered
1975 Honda CB360T
3 Posts
I'm having a similar issue. I have aftermarket bars and risers and modified the switch cover so the wires dont run through the bars. All the other switches are working however the starter button is not. I assume that the starter needs to be grounded so can I just run a wires from the switch case to the ground in the headlight bucket or should it ground to the frame? I have an on/off for my headlights in that switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts