Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi put the starter chain back on and it seems to be a bit slack/loose can not remember it being like that when I removed it... are they like this or is there a way to tension .? or do I have to get a new one..? and regarding wives ... asked my wife if could she help me in the garage for a few minutes last weekend .we lifted the motor back in the 450 .... element of surprise.!!..
thanks Kanga

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
They have all have some slack, and not tight like the drive chain, but there is such a thing as too much. If it is banging on the casting when the starter motor runs, you may have too much slack.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Rick I looked on eBay and all chains were used .I will go with the chain I have
Kanga

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
They're all a bit slack anyway IME. IF you should find yourself ever have to replace it, you can just get a 219 pitch chain and make one yourself.
It's the same pitch as the cam chain.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks 76Twin that's a great tip. I have looked on eBay and I can get a 219 pitch chain and master link here in Aust for about $25 I cleaned the carburettors today.. new battery tomorrow and hope it starts up . I replaced the right handle bar switch....electric start and L,H beam.... when I open head light to join wire it is a real mess in there so I did the best I could and hope for the best
Kanga

1 - 5 of 5 Posts