Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1975 CB200T and I have repaired my starter button several times. The internal plastics are cracked and broken and held together with tape.
Does anyone know of where to get a replacement one? This is the button inside of the Throttle control which toggles between the headlight being on and engaging the starter.
I have all the internal parts but the chance of finding the square plastic cover which fits into the control is nil.
I have toyed with just putting a toggle switch on the back of the headlight for the light and sticking a momentary switch under the seat connected to the relay. But I am trying to keep as close to original as possible.
Let me know what you have done that works.
Thanks,
Wolf

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
You could replace the switch with a 5 pole relay, inside the headlight, and run one wire up to a push button switch on the handlebar. Does the same job as that complicated handle bar switch, and less current drop for a brighter headlight.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Birdistheword! I just ordered the new switch housing. I will let you know how it works. Thanks for the tip! I have all the inside parts so this would rock if it fits the throttle housing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey wolfrider1988, any chance you have any pictures of the internals? I had the same problem with my recently acquired CB200T, except I was also missing the ball bearing and plate that makes the contact. I took a gamble and ended up buying a reproduction CB500 hoping the internals would match, but no luck. Here are some pictures for reference for anyone interested. The third picture is the reproduction switch.

IMG_20180826_184006.jpg IMG_20180826_183951.jpg Reproduction.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts