Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got around to rebuilding my top end....new pistons, rings, cylinders, and gaskets.(Sorry, no batteries=no pics). After pulling the old pistons out, they didn't seem nearly as bad as I was expecting. The rings still had a good amount of spring in them, nothing looked too worn. After sitting and looking at it all for a few minutes, I realized there were NO GASKETS. Nothing under the cylinders and nothing between the cylinders and the head. Could they have simply disintegrated? The bike has at least 30k miles on it, yet the pistons look ok.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hopefully the heads aren't warped. On a side note, my torque wrench was set to high and I snapped a little 10mm cylinder bolt, the one right under the spark plug. Can I get my without or do I need to fish it out and get another one? It doesn't seem too vital, but I'd hate to blow out the gasket first time out.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
BerryDuffman said:
hopefully the heads aren't warped. On a side note, my torque wrench was set to high and I snapped a little 10mm cylinder bolt, the one right under the spark plug. Can I get my without or do I need to fish it out and get another one? It doesn't seem too vital, but I'd hate to blow out the gasket first time out.

Nope, you need that bolt there. If I recall, there is an oil galley and that bolt keeps it from leaking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
74 cb360......this sucks :cry: , i'm gonna put it all together and worry about it tomorrow when i piece together my exhaust.

..Also, has anyone translated the cam tensioner supplement into english? I tried following it and may have let it come loose on the bottom; it's the most complicated thing I've ever read.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts