Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The button is not usually available as a separate part from the switch unit.....
Switch units tend to be expensive ($50+).....
Hopefully, someone here will have a 'spare' part, but we'll need to know if you have the type that turns the headlight off as well as activates the solenoid, or the simpler grounding type push button....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm guessing I'll have to get a switch unit, but hanging onto hope that someone might have a button laying around.

It's the the simpler grounding type push button. I think it's the same as the horn button on the other side.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
If ya really hard up for it I can mail you a spare one that I have.....just cost of postage is fine. PM me.......

·
Registered
255 Posts
Someone long ago replaced mine with a small horn-type button fastened to the handlebars. Functions the same. This is one of the parts I will be looking for at White Rose in PA next week. If you still need it then, let me know and I will look for two.

Larry

·
Registered
179 Posts
Radio shack has replacement push button switches for less than $5. I got one to work, but I accidentally got one that swicthes "on" on a push and stays on and switches off after another push. I Just bought the wrong type switch, so make sure you get the one the just pushes on and after release is off. You dont want your starter running while your riding. :)

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
That button looks different to the 360 one GB.....it may work though. The 360 button doesnt have the separate metal piece, and the spring should be cone shaped.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Rich, that button is on its way. Was only about $3 in shipping so dont bother sending me any money.....you can shout me a beer next xmas when I come to the states for a holiday :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got it! thanks again. looking forward to getting it together. beers all around!

GB, that's actually what the one that fell off looked like. now I'm even more curious about this thing....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
leethal said:
Finally got around to re-building the right side bar switch. In order to totally disect the unit you need to un-solder the kill switch plate in order to separate the wiring from the top half. Also re-soldered the e-start button (was hangin by a thread).
leethal, was looking over your rebuild thread and my next question is - how do I get that button in there? I was looking it over today, took the two bolts out and just poked around a little. Any advice? being in NYC, I don't have a garage so I guess I might have to take to someone to get it done.

thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts