Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulling hair out with Honda cb

New start button works as I have checked it with a meter in the switch housing but even though I have connected all matching wires up in the head light to their matching colours, with the ignition on all lights and indicators are
working the magnetic switch still doesn't work when I press the button

I have checked the magnetic switch and it works fine but the circuit between the button clearly isn't right

Any help would be appreciated

moggz

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
On WHAT bike?

It is likely a problem in the neutral safety circuit, but without knowing which model bike you have, we can't verify....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've traced the red/ yellow from the button through to the magnetic switch and I have a good circuit
However, I have found that there is no earth continuity between the handle bars and the frame Are the handle bars and the frame supossed to be insulated from each other on the earth side? Surely the bike head is connected to the frame electrically

It's a 1974 CB200 Its not a T
It's the disk brake version

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
On the 350s there is a grounding strap at the bottom of the handlebar mount under the top triple tree that grounds the handlebar to the triple tree. Without that connection the horn and starter don't work

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
I think John got it exactly correct.....You are missing the grounding link from the handlebar riser to the bridge......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had a look taken the handle bars off the clamps Can't see a strap where does it run between I don't suppose you have a picture ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys oil one very happy Welsh man, I've been trying to figure this out for days but I've just used a bit of copper wire to make the link touched the horn button and jumped out of my skin and to my delight the the start button is also now turning the starter motor over Thanks again :D

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Original ground link runs below the top bridge (top triple tree) from "underneath" the riser nut (actually on top as it goes on first) to the tachometer-side meter bracket mount bolt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts