Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days in row i have stalled at a red light when coming to a stop. i changed spark plugs but it still did it once again. if i put in neutral and give a bit of throttle its ok. bike starts on first button push, warms up fine and rides fine. i think i need to clean out carbs?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
No. Go ride the bike and get it hot, 2-5 miles. Park on center stand. Adjust idle speed to 1200 rpm. Pick a carb and adjust the idle mixture screw to get the highest idle speed, you may have to readjust the idle speed while doing this. Once that's set go to the other carb and repeat. Repeat this one more time and then go ride it again for a few miles and recheck. This has to be done on the center stand, not the side stand.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will give it ago. I noticed one of my spark plugs is really black, I am thinking it's running too rich. Swapped out both for new ones. Any probs I will let you know. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got a chance to tweak the carb. Not a whole lot space under there! especially the carb on right side! I have it so it no longer stalling but running a bit rough at idle. Should I leave the rpm and just mess with mixture? Bike is running fine otherwise.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was out riding and stopped by bike shop. The guy noticed intake boot cracked. he said use hi temp silicone to seal it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.