Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Re: Stainless Allen Head Engine Screws/Bolts-StainlessCycle.

KilgoreTrout said:
Took about a week to receive a full set of engine bolts/screws for my bike. My bike wasn't listed on their web site, but when I called they had sets for sale. Very happy with the service and quality of the product.
http://www.stainlesscycle.com/catalog/
Price? Shipping and handling? How complete was it?

There are a couple of options out there, and I am about to take the plunge for my CL350.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts

Bobblehead said:
KilgoreTrout said:
Took about a week to receive a full set of engine bolts/screws for my bike. My bike wasn't listed on their web site, but when I called they had sets for sale. Very happy with the service and quality of the product.
http://www.stainlesscycle.com/catalog/
Price? Shipping and handling? How complete was it?

There are a couple of options out there, and I am about to take the plunge for my CL350.
I bought a set from alloybolts on ebay for my CB 360. The following was included and each section individually bagged. Alternator Cover, Points Cover, Cylinder Head & Breather Cover, Intake, Cylinder Base, Stator/Left-side Crankcase Cover, Clutch/Right-side Crankcase Cover, Sprocket Cover and Exhaust.

About $40 including shipping. They have a set for a CL350...($29.50 +shipping)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-68 ... ccessories

·
Registered
363 Posts

got mine from stainless cycle, quite complete, pretty much everything you can see on the engine with the exception of the actual motor mount bolts well marked, bout 40 shipped I think. (cl450)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Very Complete. As stated above, came to about $40.

·
Registered
431 Posts

drones76 said:
I bought a set from alloybolts on ebay for my CB 360. The following was included and each section individually bagged. Alternator Cover, Points Cover, Cylinder Head & Breather Cover, Intake, Cylinder Base, Stator/Left-side Crankcase Cover, Clutch/Right-side Crankcase Cover, Sprocket Cover and Exhaust.

About $40 including shipping. They have a set for a CL350...($29.50 +shipping)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-68 ... ccessories
Yeah, I have that on my ebay watch list while I check out options. Glad to hear that they have them separately bagged and labeled. :ugeek: Just pressed the button, under $37.

·
Registered
372 Posts

I just checked their website for a cb450 set and it did not show them. I went to email them and the email was not good. I called and got a machine with no name. hmmmmm

·
Registered
431 Posts

Alloyboltz set just showed up. Bolts, washer, screws, acorn nuts. Right crankcase cover, left crankcase cover, point & tach cover, intake & head, and head cover all packaged and labeled separately. Haven't installed yet, but so far I am impressed. :cool:

They also included information on using stainless steel hardware, and cautioned that anti-seize should be used, particularly in conjunction with aluminum.

EDIT: Just put in the right side bolts, they are a dream compared to the rusty OEM phillips head fasteners. And I found out a new trick--if you try to take the fasteners out of a hot bike, you don't need to heat the aluminum housing to help back them out. :D

·
Premium Member
50 Posts

How long did most of you have to wait to get your bolts from StainlessCyles?

I ordered them two fridays ago and on the following monday received there automated message saying that the bolts would be shipped out in 3 to 5 business days.

Its now been 7 business days and I haven't heard a peep from them. I know from reading other posts about how they take a while but I feel like I should at least heard something from them.

·
Registered
489 Posts

They take AWHILE. The day you give up hope that they are coming is the day they will show up at your door.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts

Yeah mine took about 3 weeks. I guess they got the order, put the kit together one week, polished them the next, and then sent them. Sure makes a difference though. :lol:

·
Registered
562 Posts

Has anyone found M6X75mm allen heads for the sprocket cover? There are two on my sl350-k1 and after buying two kits - neither kit had this size. Nor do any of my local hardware stores.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts

You can also try:
www.Boltdepot.com

They have a great selection

·
Registered
483 Posts

Just got my unpolished kit from StainlessCycle today. Unfortunately it only took a week ( website says 1-3 days ) and an email to them. It all looks to be there though and is nicely labelled. I guess we will see when I go for install this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts