Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read and seen a lot of ideas on making a stack to attach a pod filter to carb. I came across a piece of exhaust pipe adapter that seems to do the trick fairly well. It's a 2 1/8" OD to 2 1/8" ID adapter that's about 3.5" long. Pod fits on 2 1/8" OD nice and snug. the 2 1/8" ID fits over carb intake just a bit loose but I think once end is notched and with addition of some sort of rubber gasket it will fit fine. My concern, as someone who knows little about the ins/outs of carb adjustments, is whether the 2 mm edge (thickness of intake wall) that was eliminated by original rubber boot --providing a smooth transition from boot to inside diameter of intake--is an issue to be concerned about (2nd photo)? AND, is the fact that stack widens an 1/8" from one end to other, another reason for concern?

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
looks OK. Have you re-jetted the carbs??
I have kept the stock intake and H box just to avoid
the problems that are encountered with pods
and modified exhaust. 1979 CB400T II.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old Okie, I have not done any work on jets, etc.... not that far along. just sorting out details of mods to bike. thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
J-T, thanks for pointing me in right direction. after reading through about half of the thread (35 pages!), it seems like best bet is the KM pods mounted directly to carbs, then rejet, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts