Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am looking to upgrade to SS brake lines on the CB360 and I am a little bit lost when shopping around. Can anyone provide me with a link to what I should be looking for?

Bike is a CB360 with clubman handlebars. I am looking for an easy swap with no modifications required.

One website that I came across was Slingshot Cycles, but I was not sure which one to get:

http://slingshot-cycles.com/index.php?m ... ex&cPath=1

Thanks in advance!

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The stock "pipe" from the originals will fit the new hoses, but the stainless one looks great!...

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I will end up using the stock "pipe". Thanks Steve!

Now for the actual SS lines, would I go with the CB450 "clubman" version (since the bike has a CB450 front end)?

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Somebody here used Z1 Enterprises for their 360 hoses.....supposed to be quite affordable too.

I took my old hoses to a local shop to get copied onsite. They were able to match the fitting perfectly. May be worth your while to check the yellowpages. Sometimes when webstores list a fitment, it isnt QUITE right. Stainless lines cannot twist side to side, and if you've changed your bars the top hose may not have the correct angle for the MC.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I got hoses from sling shot on my cb360. They work nice with my clip ons.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey all, I am still alive! I am still on a VERY long field assignment far from home. I have winterized my bike a long time ago and I visited home last weekend and found that one side is not firing and the front brake is stuck. When I am finally transferred back home in late March/early April, I plan to get the old bike going again. While I address these issues, I am considering this old post of swapping out my crappy old brake lines with SS braided ones from Slingshot Cycle. Since the front end of my bike is from a CB450 (K4? I still do not know!) and I have clubman bars installed, I was wondering if this is the right product to get:

http://slingshot-cycles.com/index.php?m ... ucts_id=87

rather than the CB360 one. Am I right? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I went ahead and got the Clubman Bar SS lines for the CB450 ('73-'75) version. If it doesn't fit, oh well...

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Hmmm.... will that replacement caliper pipe from the CB500/550 work on a CB360, I wonder.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kirkn said:
Hmmm.... will that replacement caliper pipe from the CB500/550 work on a CB360, I wonder.
I think that it may? The Honda part number for the CB450 and CB360 caliper is exactly the same...

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I think I'll give it a try. I noticed that the 360 and 550 part numbers are slightly different, though.

45128-317-701 vs. 45128-323-020.

Kirk

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you do, let me know how it turns out.
FYI I am still waiting to get a notification on my order. Payment has been sent on Sunday and the order is still "Processing" according to SlingshotCycles.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So a little review:

Brake lines came in on Friday and they look to be really high quality parts. The problem is that they were a hair too short. I had to hike the master cylinder up on the handlebars to connect the hose so that instead of being able to squeeze the lever with all fingers, I can only do so with 3. No biggie. My front brake "pipe" is completely shot though. I am going to have to order the new replacement because the threads stripped out when I unscrewed it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts