Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good source for stainless lines for the T? Ripping apart my front end, can't seem to find a good supplier. All the old links on the forum are dead, thanks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Something like this?

Clear Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit - 35 Degree Caliper Mount - Honda CB360/450/500/550/750
They have a direct to caliper and single line one too, if you relocate your brake switch to the lever.

Honda CB360 / CB450 Stainless Steel 2pc Brake Lines | Common Motor Collective
CMC’s note says that they fit the 500 only with super sport bars, so be aware.

https://www.dimecitycycles.com/motorcycle-parts/motorcycle-brakes/motorcycle-brake-lines.html
Dime City’s also got SS lines, but it’s more of a figure-it-out-yourself deal :D I think it comes out more expensive than the 4-into-1 kit anyway.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
There are many brake line suppliers out there. You just need to measure the length and order them. I like Goodridge. They sell the banjo fitting separate. When you measure the hose length the fittings take up about one inch on each end. The hose from the fitting behind the headlight down to the steel line is a little harder to source. You can get them, but I just used a new one. They are available from Honda. With all of it being said, I don't think SS brake lines help the old Honda single disk that much, I can't tell any difference. Are you using stock bars?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock bars, would have bought the CMC set otherwise.
Toying with the idea of going hardline all the way (have some experience from vintage cars) Any reason this might be a bad idea on a bike?
Spare no expense with brakes and tires. Jim- I saw your weekend marathon video from October, really nice job. Thinking of doing the same next winter, will be spending time in your garage via that video when the time comes.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nevermind, answered my own question about hard lines, I'm an idiot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to jump on this thread, but im also looking for a set of braided hoses for my 1975 CB500T.

Just wanted to check if the fitting/thread on the front caliper is a standard size.

See attached photos

Auto part Auto part Tire Wheel Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to jump on this thread, but im also looking for a set of braided hoses for my 1975 CB500T.

Just wanted to check if the fitting/thread on the front caliper is a standard size.
I think it’s a fairly common size. The set I have my eye on claims to fit several vintage models in the 360-750cc range including the 500T...

https://4into1.com/black-stainless-...ee-caliper-mount-honda-cb360-450-500-550-750/

Scroll below the Product Description section where they post dimensions, equivalent part numbers and a list of compatible bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I got mine from Galfer, had them covered in black to look stock but OD is smaller and grommets don't fit unless you use a rubber hose to take up the gap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts