Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished putting my CB450 K6 back together. I have been riding around to break in the motor and the front break squeaks like crazy.
If I tighten the adjuster screw it will stop for a little while if I loosen the screw it gets worse. Any suggestions here? Are there anti-squeal pads for these bikes?
Thanks,
-G

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
A lot of times that happens because the pads are not floating freely in their mounts and "releasing" properly.
So after applying the brake, the pad tends to retain contact with the rotor, or even get a bit cocked in there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
tbpmusic said:
A lot of times that happens because the pads are not floating freely in their mounts and "releasing" properly.
So after applying the brake, the pad tends to retain contact with the rotor, or even get a bit cocked in there.

It also sounds like a good de-glazing of the rotor & pads are in order. I used Roloc-style discs to clean up the rotor, and a quick pass with a palm sander to clean up the pads on my K7

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah! I had searched around but only under the 450 topic. I had cleaned it up once and don't have any nylon washer where can you get them? I dont see it on the parts fiche?
Looks like I have some work ahead of me.
-G

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
The nylon washer is not available anymore unless you're lucky enough to find a set of brake pads that come with one.. Try searching "Ferodo" on the forum and email the guy that has the pads. See if he has a set of pads left for you.. They come with the washer..

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts