Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently rebuilding my carburetors on a 1972 CB350 and I've encountered an issue while attempting to set the float height. The spring device in the float needle works just fine, however, every time I attempt to set the float height, the float presses on the needle and compresses the device. First, I assume that the float height should be set with the float just resting on top of the needle, not pressing down on it? Second, is it normal for the float to always press down on the needle? The only way in which it does not is if I very, very gently lift the float up and lightly set it on top, although, even this is difficult without pressing on the spring device in the needle even just a bit.

·
Sensei
27,004 Posts
Hold carb with slide path horizontal, float hanging perpendicularly........
Slowly rotate bowl end upwards until float tang just touches the spring needle....
Measure and Set float height while carb held at that angle......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, even when trying to set the float height that way, the float still compresses the spring needle down. It's almost as if it's too heavy—perhaps my float is compromised? I didn't see any pinholes under inspection but those can be hard to catch. Or, alternatively, the spring in the float needle could be bad?

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Or the Spring in the Float Needle is bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts