Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen postings of people installing Harley Sportster mufflers on their Honda twins. I'm wanting to "change things up" on my '81 CM400T. I bought this bike as a project, got it running great, now what to personalize it. I like the idea of installing slip ons to change the appearance and give it a little tone while maintaining the power chamber and air box. If you've performed or seen this mod, please chime in. What year Sportster mufflers install best? If there's another slip on to consider, please share that as well. I'm looking for something that will insert into the power chamber without a lot of modifications.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
I have used the sportster mufflers, they fit nicely, sound a bit throatier than stock. Did not require any jetting changes. Just had to fabricate mounts which was pretty simple.

I don't know that Harley has ever changed their sportster mufflers since they seldom use them anyway!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Usually several sets on ebay, any given day, for cheap. Apparently mufflers aren't required on agricultural equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts