Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
My speedo cable for my modified 72 450 is too long. I need a cable approx 30 to 35 inches. Any idea what would fit.
Thanks in advance,
JC

·
Registered
224 Posts
The one I just bought from David Silvers is right at 37". Mine is also a 1972 CB450. How long is the one on it now?

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
The ONLY "other bike" drum brake speedo cables that may fit (due to the larger bottom attachment ferrules and drive shapes) and might be shorter are the CB/CL 77, and the CB/CL 160 versions, but can't give you lengths on those.....
Perhaps some other member would measure for you, and perhaps send/post pics of the lower end of both inner and outer......

Disc brake speedo cables should be much easier to find a shorter version.... CB 200 for example....

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Here's the one I bought for mine - and my red bike has stock forks, front wheel and gauges. They're saying 36" overall length including inner cable, it fit mine well with the front forks up in the clamps 1.5", so for a stock height front end you might have to change the angle of the drive on the front wheel a little bit (mine is angled down a little to help with the slight extra "length" because I lowered my front end)

https://scrambler-cycle.myshopify.com/collections/honda-cb450-cl450/products/honda-cl77-cl72-cl160-cb160-cb450-cl450-speedometer-cable-44830-346-750-new

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
Thanks Tom.... Those should work IF he's running a drum brake......
I suspect he's got a disc though.......In which case a shorter cable should be easier to locate....From CB100 on up......;)

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
We COULD have be exact if ONLY he had posted a pic of his bike.......LOL......

No need to be embarrassed....I assumed the same thing and had to edit my post........;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts