Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to changes on my bike, I sell a speedometer and tachometer assy. It was in original Honda box when I bought the set a couple of years ago, and had never seen sunlight. I used it on my show bike for a while, but this was very little used. All colors are crisp as the day it was made (even the orange on the needle, that always faded), no damage on lences. Wire harness are missing. Do sell for 250 dollars, pluss shipping, or highest bid. I live in Norway, so shipping to USA with tracking is a bit expansive., shipping with no tracking is reasonable. Send me message, and we sort something out...

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
"Early" Honda CB 450 4-speed (Black Bomber) speedo/tach unit is part number 37200-283-000, and has both meters in a one piece case....
"Early" Honda CB450 5-speed (K1) has two separate meters, and was sold as a pair with part number 37200-292-671....
Later 450 center triplets for US bikes (MPH speedo) include -319-, -323-, and -346- on the meters......

MY best GUESS is a -286- center triplet would indicate it is for a 350, not a 450, but the tach redline says differently.....
SO, I'm confused...... Regardless, they WILL read correctly

Anyone have a complete parts code reference showing all the bike code center triplets and the models they matched ???

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
They were plastic case early on in the 5 speed era, and my SL350K1 had plastic cases too. Good point about the 286 middle number Steve, it would seem to be 350 parts but the redline is wrong unless it's for the early 5 speed 450 which I think had the 9750 redline that this tach seems to have. Did they actually come as a set in a box together? I thought they were always sold separately, so maybe the speedo is the 350 part number...? looks like an early 350 speedo with no trip meter

Edit: and there it is, CB350K0 pair, sold as a set

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb350k0-super-sport-1968-usa_model430/speedtach-assy_37200286671/#.XFMVY2eWy00

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
For those interested, the center triplet ONLY indicates the original bike model the part was designed/spec'd to be for.....

MANY times it was also used on later progressions, iterations, variants, and even other engine size (cc ) bikes that had similar requirements...

For instance, the advance unit (part #30220-216-000) from a CS-93 (a 125cc twin cylinder) was also used on the CB-125, CB-160 and early CB-175s...

I can e-mail a partial bike triplet code list (US models)to anyone interested......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts