Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using NGK iridium or gold spark plugs on the 450? Iridium = B8EIX, Gold = B8EGV

Are they worth it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
i kinda curious too, i havent ran anything else other then the standard plug, b8es, what are your plugs coming out? are you having bad fouling or are you burning them up?

·
Registered
134 Posts
ok i put the iridium hgk plugs in my gl. on the other forums that i am on they love them. they are supposed to get 100,000 miles on cars. Now onto my bike. they are $6.99 at advance auto. they wont have them but they can order them and it does not cost you anymore. I like them. I did not notice any more horsepower or crap like that but what i did notice is easier bike sitting starting. the gl500's are bad starters when bike sits for very long. this has seemed to help in that way. the other thing i noticed is i can run up from 20mph in 5th gear. now i aint saying its smooth but now it can be done. I decieded to used them because what the heck $14 and you got the best plug you can! i dont think i would put them in a v8 but thats just me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm using BR8EIX'es in both my 450's. Supposedly the Iridium takes 10-15% less energy to spark. I believe it. They definitely make for an easier starting and better running motorcycle

Also, before I switched, my blue CL would always foul out the left plug once a summer. I switched plugs two years ago and haven't had a hiccup since.

·
Registered
608 Posts
one thing to know about using Iridium plugs, if you have a dual coil (not so much on these old bikes) is that one side fires the plug backwards (polarity) they do make plugs with both electrode plated otherwise you lose the benefits of the plug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts