Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys , im having a problem with my 450, i try to turn it on and only one cylinder fires (right side only )
can anybody give me a place to start or a quick diag. much thanks. javi
oh i just bought another set of coils and they both work.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Back to basics.... If you have adaquate compression,(160PSI or better),... fuel mixture to the cylinder, and a properly TIMED spark, it MUST run... ONE of those three is lacking ...
Since you claim to have spark ("another set of coils and they both work").... It must be compression or fuel supply...
A spritz of "starting fluid" (ether) into the air box for that side will settle which...If it burps, backfires, and/or tries to run, You problem is fuel supply.... If nothing, possibly a compression problem....
However, this ASSUMES proper TIMING!

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Second translation of your "question" leads me to believe one coil could be disconnected (or loose or bad joint) from the exchange....... Both coils must connect to the black/white stripe wire (coming through the harness from the "kill" switch), then each coil has a point wire that connects both to the condenser lead and the point lead of the same color (one is blue, one is yellow)... Sounds like one wire is not connected....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok finally got to check comp. 180psi +
and im spritzing a shot of gasoline in each carb and olny one fires . what would be the best way to tell if the timing is off ?
whaen it had the tank on it would take some time before it started to sound like it was running but really bad from the left cylinder and the right sounds great. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts